(Recorded on 09/21/21) Topics covered on this video coaching call In this special video update, trading coach Jerry Robinson discusses the unfolding Evergrande debt situation, the U.S. debt ceiling debate, this week’s Fed meeting, and more. Included in this video:...
Segment 1: What's Behind the Market Meltdown?
SEGMENT BEGINS AT 00:54
With fears of the coronavirus hammering stock prices, economist Jerry Robinson examines the factors fueling the falling markets and the uncertain horizon ahead.
- Yields have collapsed and another Fed interest rate cut is likely in March
- Price discovery is hard to determine on rapidly falling stocks
- The coronavirus is still wrapped in uncertainty
- Trump’s proposal to temporarily cut payroll tax (to the tune of $1 trillion)
- Trump’s proposal for bailouts
- (BOOK) Bankruptcy of Our Nation by Jerry Robinson
- Preparing for the Collapse of the Petrodollar System by Jerry Robinson
- PODCAST: Volatility Strikes in 2020
- Oil crashes by most since 1991 as Saudi Arabia launches price war (CNN Business)
- After a Buildup to Counter Iran, U.S. Troops Begin Leaving Mideast (WSJ)
- PODCAST: American Socialism 101
- Join our Community
Learn how to trade for part-time profits!
Reserve your seat now for our next Trend Trading Bootcamp Online!
April 18, 2020
Segment 2: An Interview with Professor/Author Richard Wolff
SEGMENT BEGINS AT 23:42
Highly-successful author, expert economist, and emeritus Professor Richard Wolff returns to our podcast to discuss the current market environment with Jerry. Also, he offers a fresh look at Karl Marx and socialism through his new book: Understanding Marxism.
- Sanders has achieved a historic victory by breaking the taboo of socialism in the U.S.
- On average in economic history, there is a downturn in capitalism every 4-7 years
- A symbol of the imbalance in the U.S. is the inequality
- Marxism is the critical shadow of capitalism
- There is no reason to be afraid of the debate between capitalism and socialism
- Marxism is the most developed accumulation of criticism – and is the “child” of capitalism
- Much of what is perpetuated in Karl Marx’ name is a case of unintended consequences
- The demonization of socialism is the fear that the leaders of capitalism won’t be the leaders of socialism
Segment 3: The Final Word w/ Jerry Robinson
SEGMENT BEGINS AT 51:41
Jerry closes out today’s show with a simple yet challenging way to view every day of our lives.