Segment 1: Weathering the Economic Fallout SEGMENT BEGINS AT 00:38 Due to poor economic policies, there is an even greater slowdown in the global economy on the horizon. Listen as economist Jerry Robinson gives us a glimpse into 2023 and shares a simple way to...
Segment 1: What's Behind the Market Meltdown?
SEGMENT BEGINS AT 00:54
With fears of the coronavirus hammering stock prices, economist Jerry Robinson examines the factors fueling the falling markets and the uncertain horizon ahead.
- Yields have collapsed and another Fed interest rate cut is likely in March
- Price discovery is hard to determine on rapidly falling stocks
- The coronavirus is still wrapped in uncertainty
- Trump’s proposal to temporarily cut payroll tax (to the tune of $1 trillion)
- Trump’s proposal for bailouts
- (BOOK) Bankruptcy of Our Nation by Jerry Robinson
- Preparing for the Collapse of the Petrodollar System by Jerry Robinson
- PODCAST: Volatility Strikes in 2020
- Oil crashes by most since 1991 as Saudi Arabia launches price war (CNN Business)
- After a Buildup to Counter Iran, U.S. Troops Begin Leaving Mideast (WSJ)
- PODCAST: American Socialism 101
- Join our Community
Learn how to trade for part-time profits!
Reserve your seat now for our next Trend Trading Bootcamp Online!
April 18, 2020
Segment 2: An Interview with Professor/Author Richard Wolff
SEGMENT BEGINS AT 23:42
Highly-successful author, expert economist, and emeritus Professor Richard Wolff returns to our podcast to discuss the current market environment with Jerry. Also, he offers a fresh look at Karl Marx and socialism through his new book: Understanding Marxism.
- Sanders has achieved a historic victory by breaking the taboo of socialism in the U.S.
- On average in economic history, there is a downturn in capitalism every 4-7 years
- A symbol of the imbalance in the U.S. is the inequality
- Marxism is the critical shadow of capitalism
- There is no reason to be afraid of the debate between capitalism and socialism
- Marxism is the most developed accumulation of criticism – and is the “child” of capitalism
- Much of what is perpetuated in Karl Marx’ name is a case of unintended consequences
- The demonization of socialism is the fear that the leaders of capitalism won’t be the leaders of socialism
Segment 3: The Final Word w/ Jerry Robinson
SEGMENT BEGINS AT 51:41
Jerry closes out today’s show with a simple yet challenging way to view every day of our lives.