Segment 1: Groundhog Day in Washington SEGMENT BEGINS AT 00:37 Many Americans may not realize that the current debt ceiling debate is not about future expenditures but about already-promised current obligations. The wheel goes round and round and round and yet it...
Segment 1: Happy 10th Birthday, Bitcoin!Segment begins at 00:57
In the wake of the 2008 economic crisis, the white paper for Bitcoin was introduced as an alternative to currencies controlled by often corrupt financial institutions. Listen as economist and best-selling author Jerry Robinson reminisces on the young life of bitcoin – and ponders the potential for a meteoric price rise when the “smart money” moves in.
- Today, there are more than 3000 cryptocurrencies with similar ambitions to bitcoin
- The next decade will likely hold more opportunities than the last decade
- Cryptocurrencies are changing the way that money is viewed and the way that money is handled
- Fidelity’s huge move and how it is likely to impact crypto prices
- The beauty of bitcoin: There is a finite supply
- 30% of Millennials are interested in cryptocurrency
- Will the cost of one bitcoin become too expensive for most people?
Call 800-247-2812 now for the best prices on gold and silver coins and receive Free Shipping & Insurance when you mention FTMDaily.
Segment 2: An Interview with Factom CEO Paul SnowSegment begins at 19:36
- Cryptocurrency is “a more honest way to define value and to trade value”
- Factom is designed to attack the needs of enterprise
- What does a Factom world look like?
- The blockchain is a distributed ledger that cannot be altered
- Factom is building a more honest and transparent world
- Why price depression in the factom token does not affect research and development at Factom
- China’s growing use of the blockchain to prove absolute existence and provenance of data across jurisdictional boundaries
- How corporations and individuals can benefit from Factom
- Factom token trading is separated from the act of writing data to keep the data pure
Segment 3: The Final WordSegment begins at 50:10
Jerry closes out today’s show with a word of wisdom from the ancients that defines the grim reality for holders of debt-based currency vs. debt-free currency in a world with more than $100 trillion combined outstanding debt.