(Recorded on 01/25/22) Topics covered on this video coaching call In this video, Jerry Robinson provides an important market update including a historical perspective for investors and shares stocks/cryptos he’s buying now. Included in this video: –...
Segment 1: Historical Lessons From January
SEGMENT BEGINS AT 00:40
Economist Jerry Robinson shares fascinating historical statistics about the month of January and takes a look back at market performance in 2021.
- The January Barometer and the January Trifecta
- In 2021, the S&P 500 gained almost 27%
- Electric vehicles are here to stay… period
- Toyota overtook GM as the top automaker in the U.S.
- Workers quit jobs at record level in November 2021
- Omicron has turned out to be less than what was feared
- Three exciting new member services released in 2022! (see links below)
- Commodity prices rallied in 2021 all across the board (except precious metals)
- Diversification is key in these very uncertain times
Segment 2: RCEP: The World's Largest Trade Agreement
SEGMENT BEGINS AT 19:06
The world’s largest trade agreement went into effect January 1, 2022 and guess who’s not in it? Economist/trading coach Jerry Robinson discusses this milestone and what it may mean for the U.S.
- The trade deal that sets up trade in Asia for Asia
- The global economic footprint of the nations in the RCEP
- China is moving aggressively toward global hegemony
- How will the U.S. cope with being the #2 power in the world?
- World’s largest trade deal is in force, but there’s still ‘work to be done,’ says Singapore minister (CNBC)
- PODCAST: Why China is Winning
- Space Force leader: China poses “tremendous threat” to U.S. galactic domination (Axios)
- (BOOK) Destined for War: Can America and China Escape Thucydides’s Trap? by Graham Allison
Segment 3: The Final Word w/ Jerry Robinson
SEGMENT BEGINS AT 27:21
Jerry closes out today’s show with a gentle reminder not to take ourselves too seriously.