Segment 1: Beware of the Pitfalls SEGMENT BEGINS AT 00:39 Over the years, investor/trading coach Jerry Robinson has encountered several pitfalls that have interfered with achieving financial success. Today he shares five of these pitfalls that may not be readily...
Segment 1: 5 Books to Help You Become a Better InvestorSegment begins at 00:41
Trading coach Jerry Robinson shares five book recommendations for your summer reading list that have helped him personally to become a better, well-rounded investor. But first, Jennifer announces the winner of our FTM Summit 2019 photo contest!
- Easternization: Asia’s Rise and America’s Decline From Obama to Trump and Beyond by Gideon Rachman – Remove the Western lens for a global view of what’s happening beyond the shores of the U.S. (Reality Check: The U.S. represents only 5% of the world’s population.)
- How to Make Money in Stocks: A Winning System in Good Times or Bad by William J. O’Neil – Join the founder of Investor’s Business Daily on his journey to identifying patterns in charts of stocks, and how to profit from it. This book is a treat for chart geeks.
- The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banking by Saifedean Ammous – An academic exposé on the history of money. He builds the case that gold is money but that bitcoin also serves a meaningful purpose. Great for bitcoin critics.
- Understanding Options by Michael Sincere – A gracious, extremely simple explanation of options and how to use them. The abc’s of options strategies. An excellent ready reference for new and seasoned options investors alike.
- Has the West Lost It?: A Provocation by Kishore Mahbubani – A very short read, this remarkable book offers insight into America’s view of itself and America’s blind spot when it comes to Asia, as well as an alternative to military action. “A gift to the west.”
Reserve your seat now for our next Trend Trading Bootcamp online event!
Saturday August 24, 2019
Call 800-247-2812 now for the best prices on gold and silver coins and receive Free Shipping & Insurance when you mention Follow the Money Radio.
Segment 2: The Final WordSegment begins at 28:03
As he reflects on the brevity of life, Jerry closes out today’s show with a serious question worthy of everyone’s consideration.