- According to the latest projections by the Congressional Budget Office, the Federal government will shell out $5,000,000,000,000.00 ($5 Trillion) over the next decade in interest on the nation's $15.4 trillion public debt. No wonder they want the Fed to keep interest rates low! Will hate to see the bill when (not if) interest rates go up.
Like Exchange Traded Funds? Here's a list of the five best performing ETF's so far in 2012…
5) Vanguard MSCI Emerging Markets (VWO) +15.8%
4) iShares MSCI Germany Index Fund (EWG) +18.3%
3) Market Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF (GDXJ) +19.3%
2) iShares MSCI Brazil Index Fund (EWZ) +19.8%
1) iShares Silver Trust (SLV) +24.1%
- Vladimir Putin wins the controversial presidential election in Russia amid charges of election fraud. Putin has become Russia's most powerful leader in post-Soviet era.
- Fears of Obama's re-election have driven gun sales up dramatically across the good ol' state of Texas. Concerns are that Second Amendment rights will be attacked in the Obama's second term…
- Rush Limbaugh advertisers fleeing after "slut" remark…
- For the first time in decades, not a single new bank was launched as a start-up in 2011. Reason: Some say that buying failed banks is easier than launching a new one. Speaking of failures, 92 banks failed and 198 were absorbed through mergers in 2011, according to the FDIC.
- Amy Strand and her 9-month-old daughter Eva were accosted by a TSA goon at the Lihue Airport in Hawaii after they asked her to prove that her breast pump was real. She was then told that she could not board the airplane with the breast pump. The TSA continues to violate the the American public's 4th Amendment rights by conducting illegal search and seizures of law-abiding citizens without probable cause. America needs to end the TSA now.
- It's now official… According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Carlos Slim, the billionaire from Mexico, is now officially the richest man on earth. #2 Bill Gates; #3 Warren Buffett
- Reality TV – China Style… Face-to-face interviews with death-row inmates moments prior to their executions.
- In an explosive turn of events, two former U.S. Senators, Bob Graham of Florida and Bob Kerrey of Nebraska, have issued sworn statements that they believe that the government of Saudi Arabia was behind the 9/11 attack on America. According to Graham, he believe that there is a "direct line between at least some of the terrorists who carried out the September 11th attacks and the government of Saudi Arabia." (See related video here…)
Pentagon Admits More 9/11 Remains Dumped in Landfill
Ron Paul Interview On CNN State Of The Union
Ron Paul on Face the Nation – CBS