(Recorded on 01/18/22) Topics covered on this video coaching call In this special video, trading coach Jerry Robinson answers several member questions about investing, the Federal Reserve, real estate, and the economy. Included in this video: – A...
Segment 1: An Update On The Oracle of Omaha...
SEGMENT BEGINS AT 00:38
World-renowned value investor, Warren Buffett, became a massive net seller of stocks in Q2. Jerry discusses all of the latest moves in Buffett’s portfolio, including one of particular interest.
- Buffett liquidated all four airline companies he owned
- The only addition Buffett made to his portfolio is a gold stock
- Buffett didn’t seize the sell-off as a value-investing opportunity
- The U.S. has taken on so much debt that it will pressure its currency
- The Debt-to-GDP ratio among advanced economies is at 128% (compared to a previous high of 124% in 1946)
- Fed Chair Jerome Powell will deliver a ‘profoundly consequential’ virtual speech on Thursday
- You’ve got to have a plan to protect yourself against inflation
- Elite Portfolio Trakker
- Smartscore Rankings
- PODCAST: How to Follow the “Smart Money”
- Coronavirus Lifts Government Debt to WWII Levels—Cutting It Won’t Be Easy (WSJ)
- Powell set to deliver ‘profoundly consequential’ speech, changing how the Fed views inflation (CNBC)
- Christian Advisor Referral
- PODCAST: How To Profit From The Fed’s War On Cash
Segment 2: An Interview with Rick Rule
SEGMENT BEGINS AT 27:04
In this empowering segment, the President/CEO of Sprott U.S. Holdings, Rick Rule, joins host Jerry Robinson to share investing insights he has learned over many decades of success in the natural resource sector.
- An introduction to Rick Rule and Sprott U.S. Holdings
- Natural resources can be a trader’s delight
- It is becoming obvious to many people that the winds are blowing in favor of gold
- Lessons to be learned from Barron’s Gold Mining Index
- Gold is cyclical but it is also volatile
- “Silver will give you volatility on steroids”
- What about the natural gas market?
- Why Rick loves the uranium market
- “You must be a contrarian in natural resources or you are going to be a victim”
- A generous offer from Rick personally for our listeners
Segment 3: The Final Word w/ Jerry Robinson
SEGMENT BEGINS AT 77:00
Jerry closes out today’s show with a deeply sad but true quote from Horace, the chief poet during the time of Caesar Augustus in the Roman Empire.