(Recorded on 09/21/21) Topics covered on this video coaching call In this special video update, trading coach Jerry Robinson discusses the unfolding Evergrande debt situation, the U.S. debt ceiling debate, this week’s Fed meeting, and more. Included in this video:...
Segment 1: Inflation and You
SEGMENT BEGINS AT 00:43
Unless you’ve been under a rock the last few months, you know that prices are rising. Inflation surrounds us at every turn. Economist Jerry Robinson lays out the facts about inflation and its contributing factors.
- Inflation is a hidden tax on our common currency
- Inflation’s vicious cycle
- A look at the intense demand in the shipping industry
- The commodities bull market is already here
- The Fed’s recent shift in its stance on managing inflation is highly significant
- What signal will the Fed give the economy before raising interest rates?
- 41% of US households now have exposure to the stock market (moral hazard?)
- What will it look like when the Fed raises interest rates?
- Treasury Secretary Yellen says rates may have to rise somewhat to keep economy from overheating (CNBC)
- Yellen Clarifies Inflation Remark, Sees No Need for Fed to Hike (Bloomberg)
- Time to ‘buckle up’ as ‘inflation’ mentions soar during earnings calls, BofA warns (Newsbinding)
- Warren Buffett says Berkshire Hathaway is seeing ‘very substantial inflation’ and raising prices (CNBC)
- P.A.C.E. ETF Model Portfolio
- Become a Member of our Community
Segment 2: Retirement Planning with Mike Mitchell
SEGMENT BEGINS AT 22:32
For nearly five decades, financial advisor Mike Mitchell has been providing wise counsel regarding retirement planning. Today, he shares three steps to protecting your retirement funds from inflation.
- Contact Mike Mitchell for answers to your questions at 833-370-0777 (toll free)
- Get Financial Advice
Segment 3: Follow The Money Book Club
SEGMENT BEGINS AT 33:16
What does faith have to do with a fiat currency? Best-selling author Jerry Robinson reads an eye-opening excerpt from Chapter 2 of his highly relevant book Bankruptcy of Our Nation: Your Financial Survival Guide. Today’s reading is from a chapter entitled “A Short History of Fiat Currencies.”
Segment 4: The Final Word w/ Jerry Robinson
SEGMENT BEGINS AT 44:38
Jerry closes out today’s show with a whimsical quote from a beloved American humorist.