(Recorded on 09/21/21) Topics covered on this video coaching call In this special video update, trading coach Jerry Robinson discusses the unfolding Evergrande debt situation, the U.S. debt ceiling debate, this week’s Fed meeting, and more. Included in this video:...
Segment 1: China's Leads the Race for Digital Currencies
SEGMENT BEGINS AT 00:46
For years, many countries have been seeking ways to alleviate the pressure that they feel due to the reigning supremacy of the U.S. dollar. Now, China has emerged as a leader in blockchain technology by issuing a digital version of its own currency, the Yuan. Listen in as economist Jerry Robinson explains what it all means for the U.S. dollar — and for you.
- The U.S. dollar stands at 59% of global reserves as of December 2020
- The digital Yuan will not provide anonymity (unlike Bitcoin)
- Expiration dates for the programmable digital Yuan are being tested by Beijing
- China will be able to track every digital Yuan in real time
- China will control the volatility of the digital Yuan
- A digital currency is now being studied or developed by more than 60 countries
- Blockchain technology and digital currencies solve real world problems
- A digital Yuan could allow countries to sidestep sanctions from Washington
- China Creates Its Own Digital Currency, a First for Major Economy (WSJ)
- Central Banks Retreat From U.S. Dollar (WSJ)
- Goldman Sachs Expects Digital Yuan to Reach 1B Users Within 10 Years (Coindesk)
- Preparing for the Collapse of the Petrodollar System
- Join our Community
- Learn about Bitcoin and our approach to crypto investing with our new video “Bitcoin 101”
Segment 2: Sound Retirement with Mike Mitchell
SEGMENT BEGINS AT 33:03
Christian financial advisor Mike Mitchell explains how retirees can position their assets to create tax-free income in retirement.
Segment 3: The Final Word w/ Jerry Robinson
SEGMENT BEGINS AT 36:09
Jerry closes out today’s show with interesting and deeply thought-provoking words from an American novelist and social reformer.