The latest edition of the Robinson Report is now available as a special downloadable PDF file. Members login here to view/download now.
Not a member? Become a member now and instantly unlock the Robinson Report.
NEW! Inside this PDF issue:
It was a wild week in both the U.S. and global equities markets as fears over rising U.S. interest rates coupled with a surging U.S. dollar continued to place downward pressure on stock prices. Only one out of the 42 global equity markets that we track ended the week in positive territory: Brazil (EWZ) +8.69% for the week ahead of a major election on Sunday. (On a side note: The market favors a Jair Bolsonaro victory and could have much more upside if he secures victory this weekend.) All other global markets, including the S&P 500 index, closed the week solidly in the red.
Q4 2018 began with broad selloff as the S&P 500 fell 1% last week on higher than normal volume. It is common to see profit taking around the end or beginning of a new quarter. However, it wasn’t just quarterly pruning that drove this selloff as the 10-year and 30-year U.S. Treasury yields climbed to new highs. Rising interest rates put pressure on corporate profits, and thus, is typically negative for equity prices. Put simply, the cost of borrowing is on the rise. And for a nation awash in debt and leverage, that’s not a great thing.
Other highlights from the latest issue of The Robinson Report:
- Trump’s tariffs are not helping the U.S. trade deficit
- S&P 500 greets Q4 2018 with -1% loss on higher than normal volume
- Three Stocks to watch this week (look inside!)
- NEW TRADING IDEA: This major utility company is poised to resume uptrend!
- The 30-year U.S. Treasury yield breaks out above multi-year downtrend
- Our Top 10 Stocks for 2018: This stock leads strong with +62% YTD!
- Smartscore 25: This gaming company is up +40% YTD!
- Global ETF Portfolio: We just added this South American ETF!
- Top 25 Internet Stocks: This hot stock soars +108% YTD!
- P.A.C.E. ETF Portfolio: We just added these three commodity ETFs!
- And much more!
ALSO INSIDE: (CHARTS: S&P 500, GOLD, SILVER, U.S. DOLLAR, MINING, AND MORE) Plus, our exclusive list of our top 25 U.S. stocks (based on our 7-point SmartScore ranking system) along with rankings and commentary on gold and silver mining stocks, a variety of REITs based on category, and high-income MLPs…
Unlock the Robinson Report Now
Want to take a test drive of the Robinson Report first? Learn how here.